Keeping things simple: A quick guide to freight
DDU, FOB, CIF, LTL... If freight is a mystery to you, we’ll be pleased to help. Let us take the strain of collecting and delivering your products. Our guide to the process below shows what happens from start to finish.
- Price provided by Marketing Logistics
- PO received from customer
- Contact with your supplier to ascertain cargo availability
- Suitability of available vessels/flights and transit times
- Loading arranged within the appropriate timescale and confirmation report
- Shipping advice and ETA
Arrival, clearance and regulatory bodies
- Document requirement advice
- Port Health pre-advice
- Changes in vessel/flight ETA notification
- Document receipt report
- Confirmation of arrival and entry details, to include revenues paid
- Notification of regulatory body involvement (HMRC examination, X Ray examination, Port health examination/sampling, DEFRA examination)
- Examination/Sampling progress reporting
- Clearance advice
Delivery in UK
- Delivery arranged to our premises (or other if required)
- Unloading advice report and GRN issued from Marketing Logistics
We are regularly shipping from the following countries:
- Asia: China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, The Philippines, Vietnam, Thailand, Malaysia and Indonesia
- Americas: USA, Canada, Mexico, Guatemala, Brazil and Argentina
- South Africa
Whether you are shipping hundreds of containers a year or have much smaller requirements for ad hoc shipments we will be able to tailor the best price and solution for you. We provide LTL, 20 foot, 40 foot, and 40 foot high cube containers from across the globe to the UK.
For people on a tight deadline or requiring faster delivery times we provide comprehensive air freight services to and from anywhere in the world.
As with sea freight, we can support your requirements whether you plan regular air freight shipments or need ad-hoc urgent shipments at short notice. Whatever you need we are able to react quickly and get your cargo on the right plane with all necessary paperwork and clearance.
Whatever your freight requirements, please contact our import and export division and we'll be happy to help.